Friday, June 27

My Niece, Kayla

As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we want others to know what we believe and how we live our lives. Recently, the Church interviewed members- my niece was one of the young women that was chosen to represent the church. They misspelled her last name, her name is Kayla Jarrell and we are so proud of her.



Kayla, you did so great! Check out the other interviews on the LDS website.

Kayla is such a beautiful person, inside and out. She is such a good example and has such a strong testimony. I am so thankful for her strength and ability to inspire others. Kayla really is an inspiration to me and I love spending time with her. Since she has just graduated from high school and will be leaving for college, we won't be able to see her very much.

Kayla's birthday is the same day as our daughter, Olivia, so here are 18 things we love about Kayla:

1. Kayla loves people.
2. She shops smart. (Buys great clothes for great prices)
3. She has a strong testimony
4. She is genuinely concerned about others.
5. Kayla always tells us she loves us.
6. She doesn't lower her standards for anyone or anything. (Not even prom!)
7. She's FUNNY:)
8. Kayla is beautiful.
9. She can text faster than I can type!
10. She is smart.
11. Kayla is honest.
12. Kayla is a hard-worker. She earns her own money for clothes, etc.
13. It's cool to be Kayla.
14. She is great with our kids! (They love you Kayla.)
15. She laughs at Johnny's jokes. haha
16. She is a good listener.
17. Kayla is respectful.
18. Kayla loves her family.

Happy 18th birthday Kayla, we love you and we're so proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. I added this video too! LOVE IT! It made Jake so happy (and me too of course) GReat post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Kayla! I've tried to watch that video several times, but it keeps freezing up. I was able to enjoy about 15 seconds of it though, and it was pretty sweet. It took me a second to figure out why you chose to list 18 things about her...then I thought, oh yeah, she just turned 18, lol! (By the way, who does her hair? It's super blonde and cute! lol)

    ReplyDelete