Monday, December 3

Imagination

Samuel takes after his brother- his imagination is taking off! Here are some recent examples:

Friday night, the kids and I were watching cheesy Hallmark movies (cause we're cool like that) and Johnny was still at work.

As I sat on the couch, Samuel played on my lap, sliding down my legs and laughing hysterically! After a while, he climbed up next to me. He poked my cheek with his little finger saying, "Ding-dong!" repeatedly. I would mimic him, hoping he would stop. It got rather annoying after a few minutes, so I poked his cheek and said, "Ding-dong!" He responded, "Hello, nice to meet you!" as he extended his right hand, ready to shake mine. I laughed, shook his hand and said, Nice to meet you! What's your name?"
"I Dad."
"Hi Dad! I'm Mom."
"Hi Mom. (incoherent gibberish, sounds like 'uh-uh-nuh') Kids."
"You have kids?"
"Yep. Kids!" (more uh-uh-nuh, as he looks to the side, as if they're misbehaving.) Then he says, " Kids." and shakes his head.

This went on for about 5 minutes. The conversation was pretty repetitive with little variance, but so funny!

Sunday night:
Samuel often offers us pretend candy by holding his pointer finger and thumb together saying, "Mmm! Good! Good!" Johnny got home from work and the kids and I were watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Johnny sat down next to me and Samuel was his usual, playful self. He offered a "piece of candy" to Johnny. When Johnny took it and put it in his mouth, Samuel made a face and said, "Ew! Yucky!" and laughed. He said, "Spit it out!" pointing to the floor and spit his own out. He then offered me a piece; I took it and put it in my mouth. Again, he said, "Ew! Yucky! Spit it out!" pointing to the floor. So I did and he yelled, "Uh-un napkin!" and ran to the kitchen. When he realized he couldn't reach the napkins, he ran back and noticed Bryn's blanket on the floor. He grabbed it and preceded to clean up the mess of gross candy I had spit onto the rug.

Funny boy!

3 comments: