Monday, December 3

Bullseye and other Funnies

I should have posted this before Bullseye Rides Again. This is another email I sent family and friends, dated April 25, 2005.

Hey everybody,

I thought I'd send a mass email to update you all on our family. This past week has been especially entertaining for us, hopefully you'll enjoy it too!

First of all, our son, Travis, is almost 3. He has a new horse, it is brownish and it's name is Bullseye. It's make believe of course. Anyway, he holds onto the reins with his fists clinched tightly and gallops around the house on a regular basis. Sometimes he tells us to be quiet because his horse is asleep or he opens the front door to let Bullseye out to go eat. He's informed us that he now has 4 horses. Whenever we find him playing with other toys we ask, "Where's your horse?" He'll say, "Oh, he's tied up in his trailer." We like to encourage his imagination. So, this past Thursday, we had gone out with Johnny to one of his appointments (AFLAC at the time). Travis brought two horses with him, and left the other two at home. After the appointment, we stopped by Wal-Mart and, of course, Travis galloped through the store. On a side note- we found black felt cowboy hats clearanced for $3. They're real cowboy hats, not the toy kind. So Katherine and Travis are now a cowboy and cowgirl. Anyway, we got home and Travis had gotten a birthday invitation that he was so excited about. He carried it around, even when Johnny took him to the bathroom. I was busy putting things away when I had a funny idea. I said, "Travis!" (He's finishing up in the bathroom) "While we were gone, you're horse pooped on the floor in my room!" "Can you believe that?!" Johnny started laughing, but Travis just got frustrated with his horse. He walks to our room with a frown on his face saying, "Ughhh!" He reaches down to the floor with his birthday card and sweeps it. Katherine is catching on to all of this and says, with a gasp, "Ohhh! Travis's card has poop on it!" Now Travis is really frustrated and heads back to the bathroom to wash off his card. This whole time Johnny is cracking up. I help Travis wipe his card off with a dry washcloth and just say, "Man! Travis, can you believe that?!" He quickly took his horse outside! Everyday, he rides his imaginary horses and takes them "out to pasture" and helps them take naps. Too cute!

Now for Katherine. I was sitting here at the computer typing something and Katherine was on a beanbag next to me. I looked over at her staring at the floor and asked what was wrong. She replied, "I'm just thinking." "About what?" I asked. "My life." "Really, tell me about it." "I'm just thinking about my life and the Spirit." "The Spirit? The Holy Ghost?" "Yeah." "What do you mean?" "I'm just thinking about stuff." She didn't really want to talk about it. So later I told Johnny about it and when he got a chance he asked her about it. He said, "Mommy tells me you were thinking about the Holy Ghost, do you want to tell me about it?" She said, "Yeah, I was thinking about the Holy Ghost and he wants us to be nice to people, and love them." We were so proud of her and grateful that she's actually getting it, already!

Then, on Saturday, I went for a walk with the kids, Olivia was in the stroller, Katherine was beside me helping push and Travis was galloping ahead of us on his trusty steed, Bullseye. He was motioning with one hand and holding the reins with the other, saying, "Come on! Follow me!" Katherine quickly replied, "No Travis! We're not going to follow you! We follow Jesus!" He was a little confused and said it again, "Follow me!" She was frustrated and said, "No Travis! We will follow Jesus, not you!" I explained to her that Travis means, Come on, this way!, not for us to actually follow him. She said, "Oh."

Ok, now for Olivia. I fixed her hair in a whale spout two days in a row. When Sunday came, yesterday, I decided to put pigtails on top of her head. That's really the only hair long enough to fix. So, she either had horns or antennas- however you want to look at it. It was cute, nonetheless. Yesterday night we were taking pictures of her cute hair. Lately she's been pulling up to things and letting go. So last night she took her first 2 steps!! Very exciting! She is quickly catching up to her very funny siblings!

(Just now, Travis was running through the house with a toy screwdriver, pretending it's a sword, yelling, "It's payback time!" I love to watch him!)

All our love,

Johnny, Jill, Katherine, Travis, and Olivia


Such fun memories! The story of Samuel cleaning up his mess of yucky candy is what prompted this post- it's a lot like Travis wiping the floor with his birthday invitation. Haha!





No comments:

Post a Comment