Saturday, November 1

Support Your Local Dentist

You know how in small towns the grocer can also be the barber or the preacher is also a used car salesman? Well I went in for a root canal this past Thursday at a dentist here in Hemphill, I'm not naming names (we do have more than one dentist office here.) I ended up NOT getting the root canal (they did another xray and found that I in fact didn't need it), but came out with Botox instead! I am now wrinkle free!

The truth. Johnny was off from school that day and I left the kids with him to be at my 1 o'clock appointment. I was supposed to get a root canal on my left canine (sorry don't know the actual lingo Theresa/Darin). I had an abscess above that tooth. It wasn't a big deal, because I'd had a root canal on my left front tooth several years ago- they didn't do a good job though.

So I walk into the waiting room and immediately start texting Johnny, who is at home in the middle of a Branch Presidency meeting...

"It smells like old musty cigarettes here. UGH! Root canal- $300.00, lung cancer- FREE!"

"Im seriously rethinking this decision- I cant hardly breathe! AND I didnt see a No Smoking Sign. Ahhhh!"

"Wait- I see one."

"Did you get my txts?"

Johnny: "Still laughing"

Me: "You wouldnt be if it were you."

"Getting numb now. I think iv figured it out- its like a restaurant & theres a rm designated 4 employees 2 smoke. ??? I hope im numb enough."

That's when they came and did another xray. I waited a while longer and both Drs came and told me the abscess must have been from the front tooth that had already had a root canal and my canine was fine and they wouldn't be doing any work on me. Great! I'm now numb for no reason. But, I really was glad because that saved me $300!! that I could now use for Christmas!!!

It's been two days now and I look like this

The whole left side of my face is swollen STILL. Tell me you can see my Meg Ryan lip. Johnny says you won't notice. I feel like the left side of my face looks like I've had work done- less defined wrinkles/smile lines. I'm kind of worried too. What if it's an infection and gets bigger every day?? I'll end up like my little sister did- in the hospital with staph!


6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you didn't have to have it done afterall, but you do have kind of a half Orange County housewife smile, half normal smile going on there. LOL At least you get to keep your $.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for saving $ but I can't believe your root canal was only going to be $300! I miss TX prices for things...
    but I love your eye make-up so much I didn't even notice the botoxed bottom of your face :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, you're so funny! I love the "Meg Ryan Lip" bit. And I love your eye makeup too! Great picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, so sorry that I forgot to call you back. So Darin said, no that's not totally normal but also not a HUGE scare. He has seen it once before. He thinks you should call them in the morning.

    So I loved this post, you cracked me up. I agree that Texas is great, if you had needed wisdom teeth pulled and were completely under they might have given you a boob job at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, it took me awhile to realize that you didn't really get botox. Whew! For a minute I was like, what the heck! I thought Jill was anti-botox?! So nice trickery. And yes, I can see a bit of a swollen lip, but it's nothing compared to the swollen chipmunk face that put me in the hospital. And thanks for bringing up such a sore subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, feel free to call Ryan anytime with dental stuff. He's pretty good and never minds helping out. Aunt Sissy has our number. Having a dentist in the family should count for something right? What's up with numbing you up before the xray?!

    ReplyDelete