Monday, December 3

Bullseye Rides Again

I was thinking about this story and realized I hadn't included it on our blog.

This is an email I sent to family and friends April 30, 2005, when Katherine was 4 1/2, Olivia was 10 months and Travis was almost 3.

Travis finished his supper before everyone else tonight. He jumped down from the table and started playing with a magnet on the refrigerator. Katherine wanted to join in on the fun and tried to take the magnet from him. He ran off teasing, "I've got the magnet! I've got the magnet!" Johnny tried to help the situation by suggesting Katherine find something Travis wants to trade. "Like what?" she asked. Johnny said, "Maybe a Rescue Hero or his toy hatchet he was just playing with." She politely declined.

Just about that time Bullseye wandered into the kitchen, almost unnoticed. He was fully saddled and ready to ride. Since I notice everything, I said, "Hey Katherine, why don't you ride his horse?!" She thought that was a great idea so she jumped on and galloped around the house.

Travis started chasing her, whining, "Give me back my horse!" He noticed how much Katherine's pace had quickened once she mounted his trusty steed; she was going much faster than she ever could have on her own two feet. He didn't give up. He ran after them for a few laps and suddenly remembered what started this whole mess. He was still holding the little orange magnet.

There was only one way to settle this... He called out, "Hey Katherine! Want a magnet?" Katherine smiled, taking the magnet and handed Travis the reins.

It was a good trade. The proud little cowboy rode off into the sunset, or, at least, west into the living room.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahhaahah!!! I don't remember this story!! This is awesome! I miss your kids fun imaginations!

    ReplyDelete