Thursday, October 13

New sites

It shouldn't be surprising that I'm changing up our homeschool...again. As much as I like the concept behind FreeWorldU.org, it just wasn't keeping the kids' interest.

Yesterday morning I did a quick search for math websites and found an incredible, new website.

It's called Internet4classrooms.com. It's free! {otherwise I wouldn't be interested}
Anyone can benefit from this- not just teachers/homeschoolers. There is Grade Level Help for Pre-K through 8th grade as well as Links for Pre-K through 12th. Each subject has links for Current Course Standards and Skill Builders. All of the links take you to other websites that provide the kids
activities/games to teach the concepts.

I bookmarked it and this site: AAAmath.com- this site also has links for AAAspell.com, alphabet practice, vocabulary, spelling, states, nations, and even Sudoku. The math is what I'm mostly interested it- since they have links for subtopics, like place value, measurement, patterns, properties, practical math and mental math. Oh! AND it has SAT/ACT Preps!

My kids LOVE. it! Last night as we put the kids to bed, Travis hugged me and said, "Thanks for finding that new website Mom! I can't wait for school tomorrow!"

It's nice to be the hero every once in a while.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word Travis' reaction was darling and so so special! You are an awesome MOM! Good job finding things that work, what a beauty that is with Home School. I am just grinning right now picturing that exchange between you and Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis is so sweet! I miss him! I hope we get to see y'all. the picture of Travis and Samuel is just darling! I am glad you found a better homeschooling website for y'all to use! Love you!

    ReplyDelete