Tuesday, April 22

Family Home Evening

For Family Home Evening (FHE) last night, Johnny gave a lesson on service. He read from Mormon Doctrine by Bruce R. McConkie and then the object lesson was teaching the kids to wash dishes by hand. They LOVED it! It was so nice for me too, because usually I or Johnny do the dishes after the kids are in bed, with the dishwasher. Johnny and I both have fond memories of washing dishes by hand- doing service and building relationships with family members.





6 comments:

  1. NOW THAT THEY CAN DO THEM YOU ARE SET! :) GREAT FHE LESSON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's cute! Way to start 'em young! They're gonna be mad, though, when they grow up and find out they had to do dishes by hand when y'all had a dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marianne has a point, but aren't y'all breaking some kind of child labor law? lol That's ok, it's free labor. They need to earn their keep anyhow! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture where they're all standing together on the stools and all you can see is their backs. Olivia looks like a dwarf compared to the others. For some reason, I couldn't help but think of Sarah in this post. =) Maybe she'll have one like it someday. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is good for them to learn the old fashioned way. Our dish washer broke about a month ago. Tommy keeps telling me to call the repair man but I think it is good for them to know what it is like to have to do it by hand. Cute pics by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that top picture. So cute- even little Ella on tiptoes. Your blue kitchen is so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete