Monday, December 13

Tis the Season

Christmas is by far my favorite time of year. You may remember
a little project I was working on this past summer--? Well, I'm
ready to share it in all it's glory! 

 My advent calendar turned out beautifully!! (Thanks Abby!)



 Besides my children, this is what I'm most proud of creating.
I want it to last F-O-R-E-V-E-R!

I didn't want the pockets to become stretched out, so I
put little wallet sized cards in each pocket. Every day we 
have an activity to do together that brings the Christmas Spirit.
For example, for this coming Thursday, the card says, "Watch The Polar
Express and drink hot chocolate!" Can't wait! 

 I think the plug on the end is the cutest thing ever!

 Guess what we're doing on the 22nd!


Since we added to our family this year, we needed another stocking. 
The cutesy "My First Christmas" stocking was not even going to happen, so naturally
I made all new stockings personalized for each family member!
AND we made stocking holders {another Pottery Barn copycat}! 


 I got this painting for my birthday in October. I love it so much 
I think we'll keep it up all year long.


 I covered styrofoam "trees" in the matching fabric from the 
calendar and stockings. I love how they turned out.
 Christmas wouldn't be complete without a matching
treeskirt. I have to say, it was a PAIN to make {I'll admit- I'm not an
expert seamstress.} ~ but it was worth it.


Another advent activity was to make snowflake 
ornaments for the tree out of pipe cleaners.
They turned out pretty cute. Johnny and the kids
thought it would be fun to spell Santa. So... here is...

Speaking of Santa, he came early this year {for some of us}. We got
new living room furniture and we LOVE it. Here's a look
at our living room this time of year. It's cozy and festive and 
one of my favorite places in the world...





Merry Christmas to all!

3 comments:

  1. Jill!! Oh my gosh i LOOOOVE it all!!! I think the stockig holders with pictures is ADORABLE!!! I took a picture of it and sent it to josh at work cause it's just so cute!! lol. The matching trees with the stockings is a goood idea!! I asked for a sewing machine for christmas..so maybe you can teach me a thing or two? lol. Oh what ARE y'all doing the 22nd?? we're flying in then! hey how long are y'all gonna come to vidor for? did you get my email about josh's surprise party...will y'all be there then? let me know!! i miss you!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word I love it all! I sewed birthday dresses today for the girls but this makes me aspire so much higher!!! You are amazing! I love how it all coordinates. Did you embroider the names by hand!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i sure wish santa would bring me some new furniture! lucky! seriously love all of the projects. i can't believe how crafty you are in your old age. ;) someday i'm totally going to copy your idea for the stocking hooks. love it! actually, i'll probably copy you on all of it, because i love it ALL!!! and you too. :)

    ReplyDelete