Sunday, November 1

Happy Halloween!

After seeing a spider costume on the Pottery Barn Kids website,
I was inspired to make the kids homemade spider costumes!

{I know it's after Halloween, 
but if you want to know how to make one,
go here.}

Last week, we took the kids to the Lufkin Zoo Boo. The girls were all spiders, and Travis
wanted to be a mummy. We wrapped him in cheesecloth, but it kinda fell apart.



For the second go around, Travis wanted to join the crowd.

I whipped out his costume in about 30 minutes Saturday afternoon. We loaded up
and went to the church where they were serving "Hot Dogs for Hemphill" ;)


The kids ate and played some games. Sister Cantrell {the Primary Prez} had great games and incredible
prizes! Travis won the VHS movie, The Rookie; Katherine won $1.50; Ella and Bryn won
toy cars and Olivia won a stuffed dog. Then we walked to the Hemphill Square for more
fun. They had booths with games and Trunk-or-Treat. Some friends of ours from the Methodist Church
were giving out popcorn and cotton candy! Some of our kids had never had it. Ella was a little afraid
to try it. It looked a lot like cotton balls in the dark ;) I opted out too because I knew I'd regret it.
For some reason, sugar from chocolate isn't as sickening as straight cotton candy.



To celebrate, we made festive Halloween tea cakes,


and spooky punch...

{don't you love the over exposed look- totally adds to the creepiness,  huh?!}

4 comments:

  1. Too cute!! I love your spider collection! After seeing yours, Lia dressed up as a spider too and LOVED it. Btw, those ice hands are creepy cool! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hemphill Square. It reminds me of downtown Davilla hahah
    I really love hands, did you take the gloves off after it froze?

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow you're amazing! i can't even whip up a box of mac n cheese in 30 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the costumes! So cute. And no fighting over who has the better costume.

    ReplyDelete