Tuesday, July 28

Sew excited!

If you look to your right on my blog, you'll notice a LOT of buttons. Recently I've discovered a plethora of creative moms and bloggers that inspire me. There are so many great ideas from cooking, to crafting, to baking, to sewing. And I want to try them all! I have actually. Well, not all, but a lot. I'll blog about most of them later. Right now I want to brag on today's project.

One of my FAVORITE sites is called A Feathered Nest. This girl is amazing! She has such great ideas! One of them is this great tutorial to make a super cute apron. My girls and I went to Hobby Lobby *love that store* and picked out adorable fabric. I actually had a hard time choosing, they had such cute fabric! It made me want to make cute skirts. But that'll have to wait for another time. In high school, I made a few block/tie quilts, tab curtains and throw pillows- all straight lines, no patterns=easy. Clothing intimidated me. But I HAD to try this apron. I made mine first. I'll have to downsize it a lot for Katherine and Olivia. It took me several hours. I wish I could blame the "5 kids" factor, but I didn't really have to stop to take care of them very much. The truth is that I'm learning, so I'm slow. Next time it'll be much faster!


I love how it turned out!
Hobby Lobby is going to get used to seeing me in the fabric department ;)
You want one, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. amazing jill!
    I want to sew things....maybe I'll try curtains and throw pillows since you said straight lines, no pattern= easy
    and I keep hearing good things about Hobby Lobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!!! LOVE it! great choice on the fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete