Sunday, December 28

"My favorite animal

is poopies." Remember the dog that showed up just before Halloween? The black lab? The missionaries named her Bullet, "because she's fast". I wanted nothing to do with her. Anyone that knows me knows that I am not an animal fan. Don't get me wrong, I like animals... in pictures, on other people's blogs, in other people's yards, in fences, etc. I just don't like for them to touch me and I especially do not like to smell like them. (I apologize to you animal fans, keep reading...)

Shortly after Bullet showed up, we realized she was pregnant. We were sure they would be mutts because the ugly neighbor mutt kept coming around. Anyway, she had 7 puppies, November 25- the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and they are full-blooded labs! I instantly fell in love. Johnny and I stayed with Bullet while she was in labor and it was a really cold night. She delivered one and several hours later delivered two more. All boys, and one of them was a chocolate lab, the others were black like her. After a couple more hours she delivered two more. Four black puppies and one chocolate. We turned a lamp on for them in a shed to keep them warm and went inside and watched a movie. At about 1 o'clock a.m. we went back to check and she had delivered 2 more black puppies! They couldn't get warm enough, so we used an old computer box that we'd saved in the garage and made a bed for them in our living room by the fireplace. (See? I changed.) She had 6 boys and 1 girl. I named the chocolate lab, Colt. Since the missionaries named her Bullet I thought we should name them after NRA names. lol So Colt is after the gun (think of Tom Selleck in Quigley Down Under), and we thought of other names but won't really use them because we can't really tell them apart... like, Charlton, Heston, Wesson, Beretta, Benelli and Sig. hahaha






Over the last several weeks, we've enjoyed watching them grow and loving on them! When they were about three weeks old, we moved them back outside. They get to come in and play sometimes. Last week they started eating Puppy Chow and are very playful. It's almost time to get rid of them. I need to talk to a vet soon (I know it's late to be giving shots, but better late than never). Anyway, if you're interested in a full-blooded lab, or know someone that is, let us know...







1 comment:

  1. I'm obviously behind on following blogs, but I'm back! Those puppies are so cute! All puppies are cute really, but black labs? Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete