Wednesday, November 12

Latter-day Persecution






















I realize I don't live in California, and in the State of Texas, same-sex marriage isn't being discussed... but I can't help but be shocked at the news, that only certain journalists are willing to report...
Check out this story- the latest of HATE crimes...
http://deseretnews.com/article/0,5143,705262523,00.html

My heart goes out to the members of the Church that are being persecuted against for standing up for what is right. I am proud of them and stand by them, at least in spirit.

The Church responds...
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/church-responds-to-same-sex-marriage-votes

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/church-issues-statement-on-proposition-8-protest

...good reading...
(By posting all of these images in this format, rather than a Slide-show, I felt was more appropriate- sorry it's so long...)

3 comments:

  1. perfectly posted Jill... It is extremely sad to me and caused me many tears today as I read and saw the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found this awesome quote:

    ...this generation of [youth] is going to do deeds never done before. You are going to accomplish the seemingly impossible because you are on His errand. Your generation will fight the greatest army of Satanic hosts ever assembled. You will be severely out numbered. You will need a deep and abiding faith in Christ to survive-and you will survive. The Lord and his servants will triumph, we do know that.

    Letter to the Youth of the Church," Church News, 9 May 1981, p.9

    Peace be with us and abiding faith while we are on the Lord's errand,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I had no idea that was going on. Those pictures make me really sad. I don't really understand it. I'm glad you posted them the way you did, a slideshow takes longer to load. (fyi, sometimes I have trouble loading your page. It takes quite awhile, and sometimes freezes up. Maybe it's the musio playlist?)

    ReplyDelete