Sunday, November 30

Fun-filled Turkey Day

Our Thanksgiving Day this year, will be one of my fondest memories... We joined Johnny's parents for lunch at their house in Jasper. The food was delicious! I was hurting for a little while after we ate :) Johnny's mom made the best cornbread dressing (one of my favorite parts of the meal), among other tasty things. We brought homemade bread, Double-layer Pumpkin pie, Pecan and Apple pies, peanut butter fudge, a chocolate cherry dessert and a smoked turkey, which was disappointing. But we enjoyed each other's company and loved the one-on-one time we got with them. We've missed seeing them as often as we used to, since we're in a different branch now.

Didn't it turn out pretty?

Brenda and Bryn.

She always poses so cute!

me and Katherine

I don't know where she comes up with such cute faces!


Olivia has such a beautiful smile.

Charlie and Bryn


me and Johnny

Travis shot a BB gun for the first time!


That evening we drove down to my parents' house and spent the rest of the weekend there. My sister, Melissa let us stay in their garage apartment. It was perfect! My sister Rachel, who is 12, and my niece, Rachelle, babysat for us to go shopping on Friday. The kids had so much fun with them- and they were able to play with India and Lia, more of my nieces.

Thanksgiving camp out



Johnny and I went shopping in Silsbee at Walmart, and then to Beaumont. We didn't really get any great deals- none of the things on our lists were part of the sales. But we did get almost all of the shopping done :) I dropped Johnny off and picked up my sister Marianne to back to Beaumont to shop. She and Katherine and I had fun at the mall and Kohl's. JCPenneys had jeans on sale- I bought 2 pairs of jeans, one for 14.88 and the other for 24.88! And I bought a pair of shoes at Kohls. I'm always excited to get cute clothes. Johnny wanted me to give him my sizes and let him pick out stuff, so I would be surprised. I told him I didn't trust him, and I don't even trust myself to pick out clothes! haha That's why I had Marianne! She always has good taste and is so fun to shop with- Thanks Marianne!! Katherine had $11 burning a hole in her pocket. So she bought herself some cute Christmas earrings and 2 Disney Princess magnet paperdolls at Claire's. It was so cute to watch her pick things out and pay.

That night we watched Hancock at Melissa and Thomas's house- with their Clearplay. It was so nice to be together and enjoy the holiday.

Bryn at movie night


Aaliyah got to come play!


Saturday morning we surprised my parents and had a "work party" at their house. It was my brilliant brother, David's idea. We met there at 8 am with lawn mowers, trimmers, blowers and hard-workers! By lunchtime, the yard was immaculate, the Christmas lights were hung and the front door was painted! I love giving surprises like that! We'd had it planned for a week or two.

All in all, it was a great Thanksgiving and we're so excited for Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. love the work party idea! amazing! y'all are awesome!

    I do think that this Thanksgiving seems like one for the memory books!

    We LOVE our clearplay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! We sure missed you guys this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for taking me shopping, I had a lovely time! It's always fun when y'all come visit, we should do it again sometime. How 'bout Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post! I don't know why I didn't get an update on my blog when you posted it. Anyway, I have insomnia tonight and getting updates on everyone. Loved the pics of everyone. Aaliyah has changed so much to me! Your kids are darling and are growing up too fast!
    Come visit me!
    Loves,
    S

    ReplyDelete