Thursday, June 26

A New Leaf

For the past two years, I have been serving as Primary teacher to 4-6 year olds, and more recently also 3 year olds = Sunbeams and CTR4,5,6. This age group first included Katherine, then Katherine and Travis, now Travis and Olivia. Katherine and Travis didn't mind me being their teacher and cooperated and participated just like the other kids. Olivia, on the other hand, hasn't adjusted as well. Remember, she is the only Sunbeam, so I can't expect the same behavior from her. But I really feel like she's been struggling more-so because I'M her teacher as opposed to someone that isn't in her family. I haven't asked to be released, but I have prayed that either I would be released or have a new love for the calling that could make the difference for her, especially.

About two weeks ago, Johnny (who is Second Counselor in the Branch Presidency) approached me about a new calling- 3rd Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. Yes, I said THIRD. Of course, I accepted the calling, but have not yet been released from the Primary Board. As 3rd Counselor, my responsibility is to the Young Women in Hemphill, more than anything. Since gas prices are so high and the First Presidency has asked us to have less meetings to accommodate the needs of the members, my Young Women will be able to meet in Hemphill instead of having to drive to Jasper. They will still have combined activities with the Young Men once a month. It will take me a little while to get used to it, and it will change when school starts. Once a new teacher is called to the Primary, I'll be released from that calling and can focus all my attention on YW. I'm excited to be in Young Women, it'll be a nice change.

2 comments:

  1. YW seems like such a fun calling! yay! you will be great! and change is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new calling! I'm sure you'll miss all the funny stories that little kids can come up with though.

    ReplyDelete