Sunday, June 22

9 Amazing Years

Johnny and I were married June 18, 1999 in the Dallas Texas Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for time and all eternity.

We just celebrated 9 years and it has been amazing! I love Johnny so much and I am so grateful for him. He really is my best friend and I love that I can trust him with my thoughts and feelings. He makes our family so fun and helps balance my ocd nature!

I haven't been good about recording what we do for our anniversary's in the past, but this year was worth remembering...

A new restaurant opened in our town recently, The Bistro. It's Italian and we really like it. It's got atmosphere, but casual at the same time. We decided to take our kids with us- since our anniversary is actually the celebration of the start of our family, so why not all celebrate?- anyway, I ordered Grilled Salmon that had sauteed garlic cloves and red peppers and a really yummy sauce over it, served with seasoned rice and long green beans in olive oil- by far THE BEST dining experience EVER! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED my choice! Seriously, out of every restaurant, ever, definitely the BEST dish. I don't claim to be an expert about going out to eat at fine restaurants, but I can say this was very palatable! LOL It doesn't hurt that the chef isn't a local either! He's Italian, but doesn't have an accent. He opened The Aquarium restaurant in Kemah- he was the chef that got it started then went onto another restaurant. Anyway, he knows what he's doing, and he's moved his family to live here because they wanted to. Can you believe that?

After dinner, we drove to Lufkin to see Kung Fu Panda- the kids loved it! We had such a great time and even got to get ice cream at Chick-fil-a. We walked around the mall waiting for the movie to start and bought Olivia a Cinderella locket for $2.50 at Bealls. We couldn't find anything for the other kids and Katherine already had a locket. They didn't seem to mind, which was really good.

Our anniversary was so fun and we're glad we were able to spend it with our kids. We are grateful for the experiences that we've shared over these last 9 years and we love talking about our future and what we have to look forward to...

3 comments:

  1. Jill you are so beautiful! love the pictures of y'all!
    great memory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Don't you love when you order the right thing? Sometimes Jonathan will switch with me because I like his better. It's cute that your whole family went out on a date. I'm sure they were happy to be included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad y'all had a great time! Congrats on #9! Next year y'all will have to do something super special, since it's a BIG one!

    ReplyDelete