Sunday, June 29

Just so crazy in love!

We are so in love with our beautiful kids!

Katherine is so grown up!
This morning as we got ready for church she asked, "Why can't I wear anything besides just lip gloss and lipstick?"
me: "Katherine why do you already want to wear makeup- you're only 7!"
Katherine: shrugs and says, "I dunno."
Katherine: "Blush doesn't really show up."
me: "Then why do you want to wear it?" lol
She is so into accessories and coordinating and even gives Olivia tips and lets her borrow her jewelry. She is such a beautiful girl!
Johnny is teaching Travis how to clean a fishing reel- we're hoping he can start a summer job next year and start saving for his mission. :) I love how much he wants to be like Johnny. He's maturing so quickly and is already aware of his role as a brother- to watch out for his sisters! Some of his many talents, of late, include special effect noises from his mouth (i.e. gunfire, falling and crashing sounds, etc.) that only boys can make, and Lego building. He inherited this from his namesake... His Uncle Travis was a Master Builder. I have so many fond memories of "playing blocks" and I am so glad Travis loves it too!

He's so handsome, especially with his chocolate chip cookie residue around his mouth!

Isn't Olivia a doll!? She posed like this all by herself! I think I'm going to enlarge this picture and frame it, because it's so her!
Last night as I helped Olivia out of the bathtub, she told me, with a laugh, that she was speaking Spanish in the bathtub! There must be something magical about taking a bath that gives her the Gift of Tongues! I love her vivid imagination... she was just playing with two crayons and they were having a conversation. It went something like this:
Crayon 1: "Mom said I can go swimming!"
Crayon 2: "Mom said you can go swimming?!"
Crayon 1: "Yes."
Crayon 2: "Oh." "I'm going to ask mom if I can go swimming later." "Mom, can I go swimming later?"
Mom crayon: "Yes, darling. You can go swimming later, if you want to."
Crayon 2: gasp, "Mom said I can go swimming later!" laugh
Crayon 1: "Oh (gasp) let's go swimming together."
Crayon 2: "Yeah. It'll be so fun!" laugh

It's hard to keep up with how funny she is... just now Johnny was turning on our Planet Earth dvds (we love those- thanks mama and daddy!) and Olivia says, "Dad! Come sit in my lap!" She waited for him in the rocking chair. lol

Ella has such a funny snicker! Kind of like mine when I was little, my parents said I always laughed like this..."Teeheeheehee!"
She is also super funny! I think I blog about her a lot since she's been riding the "potty train". lol I've been encouraging her to poop in the potty and offer to give her a mint if she does. Even if she doesn't do it, she says, "I need an empt."
She has such a funny and small voice. And I love how she repeats what we say to her.
me: "It's raining! Do you hear the thunder?"
Ella: "The thunder? (gasp) It's raining!"

Look at Bryn! I found her in her crib STANDING.(!) She'll be 8 months old on Saturday! (Which is also my sister Cari's birthday!) So, I guess she's officially pulling up. She's been practicing pulling up onto me when I'm sitting with her on the floor, so I shouldn't be so surprised I guess. She's been eating and loving her baby food lately, and I've weaned her. She's tried Apples and Chicken, Apples and Turkey , and eaten the whole jar each time! She loves Squash and Sweet Potatoes too. I think I've gotten the names right. I'm supposed to take her into be weighed. She's following her own growth pattern, but we would like to help her gain a little more weight. At 6 months old she had a little more than doubled her birth weight: 6 lbs 11 oz. lol I've been adding an extra scoop of formula: Enfamil plus iron, with each bottle and she has been eating Rice cereal and Rice cereal with mixed fruit. So... we're trying! She is such a doll!

5 comments:

  1. Your kids are ALL so beautiful!!!! Katherine is turning into quite the young lady. Little T is such a combination of Johnny and Big Travis. I love it! I LOVE the picture of Livy! The things she says crack me up! Ella is such a clone of you! She is SO beautiful! I can't believe Bryn is going to be 8 months old. She's so tiny to be pulling up already. I bet she skips walking and goes straight to running. lol We LOVE y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing jill! your kids are going to love reading this someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill thanks for the link you left on my blog. I read it and it made me cry-thanks I really needed to read it.
    Your children really are beautiful and ya'll make such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute family! Your kids all have such fun personalities, can't wait until we can play again.

    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, all your kids are absolutely beautiful. What a great tribute to them. I hope my kids turn out as cute and great.

    ReplyDelete